If I wait to take pictures so that I only capture the exciting, the memorable, the worth-looking-at, then I will never take any at all. Life is, after all, more mundane than exciting; more ordinary than extraordinary; more to be savoured moment-by-moment than endured for the next great excitement. And so I post here both mundane and memorable, as they come my way.

02 February 2007

Snow-- again


The apartment parking lot, Kenosha Avenue, the church parking lot across the street. Taken from our patio.








So we were driving down Quaker, and I took a moment to reflect on the curious ways of this city: two weeks ago, when there had not yet been any winter weather and all we had was a negative forecast, the Lubbock school district cancelled school. Today, when there was real, live snow both on the ground and falling from the sky, school was in session. School districts in the surrounding areas, however, delayed for a couple of hours.


Maxey Park. I don't know what the geese do when it snows, but there weren't any to be seen this morning.

No comments: