If I wait to take pictures so that I only capture the exciting, the memorable, the worth-looking-at, then I will never take any at all. Life is, after all, more mundane than exciting; more ordinary than extraordinary; more to be savoured moment-by-moment than endured for the next great excitement. And so I post here both mundane and memorable, as they come my way.

03 February 2007

Icicles on the roof



We woke up this morning to icicles in a more conventional location-- hanging off the roof! I haven't investigated yet to see if any have landed on the stairs today. (If this statement makes no sense to you, then see one of my other blogs and look at yesterday's post.)








Not certain as to why this one came out so dark. We've noticed several times that we will get one or two really long icicles, like the previous picture, and then a bunch of smaller ones clumped together like this.










A few more, just for fun. And the sun, ably abetted by the lack of wind, has melted them all off already. However, I do not know what the actual temperature is.

No comments: