If I wait to take pictures so that I only capture the exciting, the memorable, the worth-looking-at, then I will never take any at all. Life is, after all, more mundane than exciting; more ordinary than extraordinary; more to be savoured moment-by-moment than endured for the next great excitement. And so I post here both mundane and memorable, as they come my way.

24 February 2007

Beware of dirt

I'm busy watching the South Plains go flying by my window... yes, that's right, we are having a dust storm. Here are some photos:


Chad had to go running this morning as part of his training for the half-marathon. He came home coated in dirt. This is the park they ran in.












Driving home













We could film the tornado scene from The Wizard of Oz out there today.













The sky is still looking orange-y, and the wind is about 45 mph with gusts up to 61 mph. Visibility is 1/4 mile. Not sure how long this is planning to go on, but we aren't going for a walk today, that's for sure.

No comments: