If I wait to take pictures so that I only capture the exciting, the memorable, the worth-looking-at, then I will never take any at all. Life is, after all, more mundane than exciting; more ordinary than extraordinary; more to be savoured moment-by-moment than endured for the next great excitement. And so I post here both mundane and memorable, as they come my way.

17 March 2007

Maxey Park under water

So the "post-rain" pics proved popular over at Lubbock Daily Photo (sorry, I could only keep up the alliteration for so long), so here are a few more, for your viewing enjoyment:


Those weird spinning things.













Some trees, near the said spinning things.













Tire swing in the playground (think how fun it would be to swing above the water! Never mind getting dirty!).











More playground













There was a "dry" entrance to the connected equipment, and people were on it (including Chad, apparently)-- and I would have joined them if not for the fact that I was wearing scrubs.
















I know this is really gross, but I was extremely curious as to what was going on down there! I haven't been back to investigate yet.

No comments: