If I wait to take pictures so that I only capture the exciting, the memorable, the worth-looking-at, then I will never take any at all. Life is, after all, more mundane than exciting; more ordinary than extraordinary; more to be savoured moment-by-moment than endured for the next great excitement. And so I post here both mundane and memorable, as they come my way.

03 March 2007

Working (but not dusting)

Over at Lubbock Daily Photo, I joined in with the monthly theme day on Thursday; that theme being, "Men at Work." I had a few photos that I was not enamored with from earlier in the month, so on Wednesday at lunch I went outside (during another ever-popular dust storm) to catch these photos of roadworks that will never, ever be done.



This is similar to the picture I actually used, which prompted someone to comment that the men working looked like Fraggle Rock Dozers. Well, compared to that car, they certainly do.











I missed the rope/hook thing actually being lowered, because I was walking out of the building at the time. I do not know what they were doing with it.











I'm pretty sure this is a support pillar for a flyover of some sort in progress. (Ex-Aimers will be interested to know that you can almost see Daybreak in this picture.)












And here are our faithful Dozers once again. The gentleman off to the right never moved the entire time I was out taking pictures.

No comments: