If I wait to take pictures so that I only capture the exciting, the memorable, the worth-looking-at, then I will never take any at all. Life is, after all, more mundane than exciting; more ordinary than extraordinary; more to be savoured moment-by-moment than endured for the next great excitement. And so I post here both mundane and memorable, as they come my way.

08 October 2006

Hill walking and Loch Lomond

Erskine Bridge, as seen from Charlie's car. While moving.

Loch Lomond

A slightly wider view of Loch Lomond.

The clouds were absolutely fantastic that day. No rain, though.



More of Loch Lomond, with the hills on the other side.



Hills, greenery, brilliant sky-- imagine seeing this every day.

Scottish heather!

Charlie and I, when we stopped to eat.

Chad in front of a funny grass hut thing we went past.

1 comment:

Kar said...

Is it built into a hill? That's what it looks like, but maybe I'm not looking at it right. Maybe it's a hobbit hole? ;)

My parents bought some land a yr or so ago that had a couple of mounds of dirt built up and overgrown with grass on them. After my dad started digging into one (to use the dirt), I named it a hobbit hole. It entertained me immensely.

Thanks for posting the pictures! :)